Blog from the founder of the charity Little Troopers. Military wife and mum sharing thoughts and feelings of being a British Armed Forces family.

Little Troopers is a registered charity supporting all children with parents serving in the British Armed Forces, regular or reserve. We provide fundamental resources, initiatives and events to ease and aid repeated separation periods aiming to keep parent and child connected and bonded even when miles apart

21 Sept 2012

Me and my Soldier

I witnessed a moment, a special moment between my soldier and my Little Trooper earlier in the summer;



It was such a spontaneous, heart felt moment I wanted to capture it without them knowing and preserve it forever.

Children of soldiers' face unique challenges on a daily basis but they are so very proud. I know my child holds her daddy in her heart, has a sad face when he leaves and beams when he arrives home, it truly melts me every time I witness their closeness.

We knew many other Little Troopers across the world would be capturing special moments with their soldiers and we knew these would be perfect to bring together in a calendar. An amazing way to celebrate British Army soldiers and their children!

'Me and my Soldier' was launched across the world in a quest to get as many special photos or drawings of Little Troopers and their soldiers sent into us at My Daddy is a Soldier Adventures, the competition closes on 28th September 2012 when the 12 chosen entries will be announced. Prizes also to be won for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

The 2013 calenders will go straight into print and go on general sale mid October and can be pre ordered via our online shop: Pre Order 2013 Little Trooper Calendar here

With every entry that comes into competition@mydaddyisasoldieradventures.org we shed a tear and we feel honoured you are sharing these precious moments with us, judging will be so hard but for now keep those entries coming in and know that this really will be a calendar like no other to cherish and we will all be privileged to see a glimpse into the amazing bond between a Little Trooper and their soldier.

No comments:

Post a Comment