Blog from the founder of the charity Little Troopers. Military wife and mum sharing thoughts and feelings of being a British Armed Forces family.

Little Troopers is a registered charity supporting all children with parents serving in the British Armed Forces, regular or reserve. We provide fundamental resources, initiatives and events to ease and aid repeated separation periods aiming to keep parent and child connected and bonded even when miles apart

23 Jun 2015

Summer Camp 2015 - the best yet?

18th June and I fall really ill, so ill....the day before the biggest weekend in the calendar for the charity I was absolutely devastated.

Luckily I have the most amazing husband who dosed me up and got me to Pirbright on 19th June ready for the arrival of 300 people who were coming to Summer Camp, the sun was shining down and some of my very good friends came to get us set up and sit on the check in desk welcoming all the families arriving. Summer Camp has begun!


Saturday was a day full of events; Survival, Woodland cookery, Climbing wall, Dance, Craft, Circus skills, Swimming, Football with Chelsea FC Foundation and then rain...the rain came and oh it was a storm! Under cover we were still having fun with Laser Quest, Inflatables, Crazy Golf, Bouldering, Dazzle & Fizz, Cross bow and tin can alley! (which I was particularly bad at!)



I walked back to the site with my husband reflecting on the day so proud to see all the tents pitched, hearing all the Little Troopers talk about their day.

A Little Trooper made my Saturday, Mason came running up to me and he'd made me a loom band bracelet to say thank you for all the fun he'd had, I was so touched....I'm still wearing it now. Those moments make all the hard work worthwhile.

The rain didn't last but the fun did, Sunday was another day of activities with Orienteering and Pop Academy with lots of Little Troopers singing their little hearts out! I always get a little emotional watching the show at the end of a Pop Academy and I did cry a tear or two!

Summer Camp is exactly what I wanted to achieve with setting up the charity, families connecting and spending time together, no electronics just a field and fun all together....new friends and old...one big community.

I hugged so many, chatted so much about the future for Little Troopers and came away thinking it was the best Summer Camp yet......I can not wait for next year our 5th annual camp and I came away feeling a new sense of motivation to continue and fight to ensure the charity remains for all the Little Troopers.

Here's to us sticking together!

Louise xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment